Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Whew!

I was smart to put a question mark after ice storm yesterday because we really did not have an ice storm. Ice? Yes, but not as the type that coats each individual pine needle causing the trees to snap all over town. Instead we had a lot of rain, and then the temperature dropped down to 25 freezing all the rain on the roads. Since drainage is not so bad in most parts of town, the bridges were the only things completely iced over. I did have to drive on a few ice patches to get to work, but no slipping and sliding for me. However, I did feel nervous a few times because people were braking like crazy, making me wonder about whether it is safe to drive on iced over roads with other people around.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Im glad it wasn't that bad of a storm.