Monday, January 26, 2009

Random!!

On Saturday, while eating at McAlister's with Sky and Clint, I noticed three guys sit down at a table nearby. One of the guys looked VERY familiar, but I couldn't place him. He even sounded familiar. I kept glancing over at him periodically trying to place him. Eventually I figured out that the guy looked exactly like one of the summer missionaries who had been at the Carver Center during the summer of 2004, and then quickly decided it could not be him but must be someone who looked like him. Mystery solved, so I continued to eat my lunch without staring anymore.

As the table of guys got up to leave, the one who looked familiar walked over to our table. My first thought was "did I stare so much that this guy is trying to figure out who the crazy staring lady is?" However, when he walked up and asked me my name, I figured out that it had to be someone I knew. Sure enough it was that missionary. The last I had heard of him he was in Alabama in school. Four and a half years later, here he was in Texarkana. Of course, then we entered the awkward conversation that you typically enter into when you see someone for the first time in over four years, and you were really that close to begin with. Turns out he is now in Colorado and was in Texarkana for a conference of some sort with his pastor and the other guy. What are the odds?!?!

No comments: