Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's raining, its pouring!

It has been raining for 5-1/2 hours straight here in New Orleans. Not a light sprinkle either, but pouring down buckets. In a city that is below sea level and that has drainage systems that have been neglected for more important projects such as the levees, this much rain means you need a boat to get around. I thought I was going to wait to come back the Center from seeing the baby until it stopped raining, but gave up two hours in. Glad I did!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When I was younger my mom used to travel alot and Lousiana was one of the main places she would go. All I remeber of LA is the rain, it seems to rain more than any other place I knew of. So I can only imaging how bad its raining now.

Baylordia said...

It was raining still when I went to bed on Saturday around midnight, and even sounded like it was raining when I woke up briefly around 2. By morning, the rain was gone (for a few hours), but driving home I hit several spots of rain. One of the bright spots about all of the rain is that it is very common to see rainbows, and I was able to enjoy one on the ride home!