Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice storm?

I officially hate preparing for an ice storm. Fortunately I have a friend that wants me to stay at her house (with a garage and no trees!) so I do not have to worry about my car. With a fireplace and a grill, we should be set should the storm be as bad as they are predicting. Hopefully the electric company is more prepared this time than what anyone was in 2000 when the huge ice storm hit and the town was shut down for several days, and many homes were without electricity for several weeks. Should we be without electricity for any length of time, New Orleans, here I come! It is supposed to be above freezing though by tomorrow afternoon, so maybe the electric company will be able to get to work earlier than I hear they did in 2000.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope everything will be ok for you. Take care!