Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I was tagged in one of those Facebook notes that asks you to share 25 things about yourself. Well, I decided that might be a good blog entry and I will just link to it on Facebook in case anyone actually wants to take the time to read over it. Here are 25 random things about me:

1. I do not have an ACL in my right knee, and there is a possibility that I do not have one in my left knee as well. My ACL is not there, and there is no scar tissue to suggest that it was ever there. This means I cannot ski, and my knee dislocates from time to time.

2. I coach a little league basketball team of third and fourth graders.

3. Related to the one above, at one of the practices, I made several left hand layups in a row wearing stillettos. Upon realizing I was in stillettos and did not have an ACL in the knee of the leg that I jump from, I came to the conclusion that I am not a very smart person.

4. I make my basketball kids say "it's nice to be nice" at least three times if they make fun of someone, including the refs.

5. I despise most Christian music. Just because it is not as bad as most popular music does not mean that it is good. For Christian music to be good, it has to have theologically sound, God-centered lyrics. This means that I pretty much only listen to Chris Tomlin as far as mainstream Christian music is concerned.

6. I do like Christian hip-hop so long as the lyrics are theologically sound/God-centered and the rap and beats do not sound second rate. My current favorite is Flame.

7. If House were on TV for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, that is quite possibly all that I would watch on TV.

8. The only exception to number 7 would probably be Wednesday nights, which are Tyler Perry nights on TBS. I get physically violent with anyone who changes the channel from a Tyler Perry show unless it is a commercial break.

9. I prefer to watch The Office online or on DVD because I think that 2-1/2 minute commercials make the show a whole lot less funny.

10. I am ADD when it comes to reading. I cannot stand to read a book for more than three nights in a row. Therefore, I usually have between 4-8 books going at a time so that I do not get bored with a story. Currently being read - The Man in the Iron Mask; Young, Restless, Reformed; The Freedom and Power of Forgivness; Culture Shift; John Adams; and Christian Theology. All of these are within reach of my bed right now.

11. Even if I go on a weekend or overnight trip, I usually take 4-8 books with me because I never know which one I want to read on a given night.

12. The only book I can stand to read for more than three nights in a row is the Bible. However, I usually read that in the morning.

13. I hate to talk on the phone. I bothers me to talk to someone that I cannot see. If I am in the same town as the person on the other end, I can only talk 2 minutes at the most. If the person on the other end is out of town, I can talk for hours if I have not seen them in a while.

14. As long as I remember, I have wanted to be a lawyer.

15. I love to babysit. Even though I am a lawyer, I love to babysit periodically because I love being around children. My favorite age to be around is between birth and three. I guess I am a glutton for punishment!

16. Between July 2008 and June 2009, I will have bought gifts for thirteen babies at the last count. I know others having babies, but I think I would go broke if I bought for everyone I know having a baby.

17. I think I have been to NOLA around thirty times in the past 8 years. Quite frankly I lost count somewhere around 17.

18. I always wait to fill up my gas tank until my car has been dinging at me for quite a while to tell me I am out. I know I have 40 miles from the first ding.

19. My car has been saying "change oil soon" since August. Since that time, I have changed my oil twice, the most recent time being in December. However, the people at the oil change place keep forgetting to push the reset button.

20. My favorite breakfast is oatmeal and applesauce mixed together. I do not like oatmeal without applesauce or applesauce without oatmeal, but when you mix the two together and heat it up, I love it.

21. I love jazz music.

22. I think music on records sounds better than music on CDs. Plus you can get old jazz records for pretty cheap.

23. I currently am in possession of a vast supply of Southern gospel records. My grandparents were apparently huge southern gospel fans, and kept their records in near mint condition. When I got my record player for Christmas, I decided to bring their record collection back with me, which included mostly Southern gospel.

24. I like to play one of my grandparents' records just to bother my dog. I have a record that is put out by "the world's greatest whistler" and his whistling rendition of Precious Memories drives my dog crazy!

25. I think I am allergic to my office. I do just fine until I get into the office in the morning, at which time I proceed to sneeze and use up tissue like crazy. This does not happen when I go to court instead of to the office in the morning. Very strange.

No comments: