Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Grocery Shopping in the Big Easy

I have tried to find different items in local stores here in Txk so that I can cook spicier and more cajun like dishes, but I have been unsuccessful. Therefore, I decided this trip to shop in NOLA for different items that I cannot find locally. Some of these include:

* anduille sausage - it tastes different from a Texas hotlink so I want the real thing
* Cajun Land seasonings - the best that I have tasted
* cane sugar Abita Root Beer - I really wanted Big Shot, but could not find any. Big Shot is awesome, cheap flavored soda that people love to drink when they come over to my house. However, they are going to have to survive on the cane sugar root beer until March.
* bread machine bread mixes - for some reason I can only find white bread here in Txk. However, in New Orleans there was a better variety, and I decided to try several different types.

Now I can cook sausage and rice casserole and even make some red beans and rice with sausage in the coming days. Top that off with a side of bread and Abita root beer, and I will have a meal!

No comments: