Tuesday, February 24, 2009

World Beard and Mustache Championships

I love StumbleUpon for the randomness that it adds to my day. Periodically, things are interesting, or funny, but this was just downright bizarre!!! It was too good for me to keep to myself.

Apparently there is a World Beard and Mustache Championship that is held biannually. This year it will take place in Anchorage, Alaska. For the cheap ticket price of less than $50, you can go see the championships, which includes competitors from all over the world. The start of the World Beard and Mustache Championship is a subject of debate, with two different branches of the organization claiming to have started the event. There are many different categories of mustaches and beards, so any facial hair is likely to fall into one of the categories. In case you need facial hair inspiration, the website sports a Gallery of Contestants from the past. I am sure that this type of championship would be interesting to attend, but I cannot see going to Anchorage just to watch men with facial hair. However, if you happen to be in the area at the time, it might be cheap entertainment!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting. I have never been a big fan of facial hair but its interesting to see.