Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Random Thought #28

I think that there is quite possibly no worse smell in the world than burnt popcorn. Burnt popcorn reaks! And lingers! One of my bosses burnt popcorn today, and when I say burnt, I mean that there was smoke and everything coming out of the microwave. The remains of the popcorn took the form of a huge, black brick instead of individual kernels. Forty-five minutes later, it smells just as strong as it did when it first happened. Not only is the smell bad, it seems to be a smell that the nose is incapable of accustoming itself to. I just hope it does not linger in my clothes when I leave.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I created the pop corn smoke just this weekend. I was popping one of those mini bags and it said no more than 3 mins. Really it only needed 1.5 mins. So yeah there was alot of smoke and my house still smells.

Baylordia said...

This person put it in and walked away ... big mistake! And our office still smells this morning! And my hair smelled like it last night when I got home. I think it stuck to the inside of my nostrils as well. Maybe it will go away soon! :)