Thursday, February 26, 2009

Random Thought #30

Have you ever noticed how each day starts out with good intentions but things don't work out as planned? Good intention #1 – get up at 6:45 so that I can get to work at 8:00. I got up at 6:45, but there was a fire in the neighborhood that required me to do what all good humans do and go outside to watch the firemen do their duty. It is fascinating, but also results in 30 minutes lost. Good intention #2 – type up deposition summaries first thing in the morning over a bowl of hot oatmeal. Instead, when I got to the office and had my oatmeal cooked, a client dropped by and of course needed to speak with me … and really did need to speak with me. Now I am sitting at my desk trying to enjoy a semi-warm bowl of oatmeal and thinking about whether to start the summaries since I need to leave the office in about 30 minutes. Decisions, decisions.

No comments: