Monday, February 16, 2009

Things that are more fun in an SUV

I realized that there are certain things that are more fun when you drive an SUV. I am sure that I will be able to add to the list at some point in the future, but here are a few things just from this weekend:

  1. Starbucks drive-through – maybe I am just paranoid because of the horror stories of McDonald's coffee spilling on the woman that we heard over and over in law school, but I was always concerned anytime the Starbucks worker passed my cup of hot coffee down to me while I sat in drive through. The window was just too high for me to have a comfort level when accepting my drink. Not any more – I can look the worker right in the eye and the drink does not have to go anywhere but horizontal from the window to my cup holder. This will make Starbucks a more enjoyable experience.
  2. Dirt roads – for the first time, I was able to drive on a dirt road without the fear of busting a hole in my muffler (something I did quite often in high school). It was definitely nice to be higher off the ground!
  3. A dirty car – mud just looks better on an SUV than it does on a car. Of course, having a black dust covered car will necessitate a trip to get it washed sometime this week, but a dirty SUV is still more fun than a dirty car.

1 comment: