Friday, November 21, 2008

Driving

I spend a lot of time driving because of all of my trips to New Orleans. Although the iPod keeps me entertained most of the time, I still get a little ADD in the car and have to find other things that entertain me. This trip, I played with my camera. I am not sure if this is safer than texting, which I did not do while driving this trip since it is now illegal in Louisiana to text and drive, but I did it anyway as long as the sun would allow. Here is probably the coolest thing that I captured:

That fog is at 5:30 in the afternoon. It was about 15 miles into Louisiana and 20 from Shreveport. It was strange to look out over the pastures and see the fog hovering over the grass.

Another highlight: gas less than $2 a gallon. Gas was half the price it was in July when I went to NO.


The place I love so much.

This was a nice sight on St. Charles. It took a while for the streetcar line to open back up after Katrina, and this may be one of the first times since Katrina that I have seen streetcars on the line. It looked like the streetcars were back to the old schedule too because there were a lot of them all the time.

No comments: