Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Burgess Election

I was actively involved in a local election for the first time. I am not a huge fan of politics (the process), so it was a big step for me to participate in the election. However, I think really highly of our local judge and feel that he is probably one of the most fair judges in the state of Texas. I am proud to share with you that not only did Judge Burgess win his election, but it was by a decisive margin. Here are the unofficial numbers once all the ballots were run:

Judge Burgess -- 29,006 (64%)
Butch Dunbar -- 16,204 (36%)

The race is a two-county race, and the margin of victory is overwhelming. There is historical significance to the results as well since this is the first time in Bowie County at least where an incumbent Republican has defeated a Democratic candidate. The campaign was one of the few in the area that was truly a bi-partisan effort. Congratulations Judge Burgess!

No comments: