Monday, September 8, 2008

Hurricane Season

This is the part of hurricane season that I do not like - the time when conditions are ripe for hurricanes to hit along the Texas and Louisiana portions of the coast. Soon I will probably write about Gustav. Ike seems eerily similar to Rita from a few years ago. My roof had a leak in it from the spring hail storms, and I was afraid that Gustav would create a waterfall. One good thing for Ike should we receive the rainy side of the storm again - I will have a new, hopefully non-leaking roof. The roofers are on my house today replacing my roof three weeks ahead of schedule. Maybe now I can take down the plastic covering my TV and electronics when Ike hits. It looks like there will be more days spending time with evacuees in the coming days. Isn't it November yet?!?!

No comments: