Friday, December 28, 2007

Blog of the Week - Legal Blogs

It has been a while since I posted a blog of the week, so I am going to post a few.  I realize that I rarely post anything regarding the legal profession even though I am a lawyer, so this week I am going to share some of my favorite legal blogs.  Warning - for most of you, you could care less about these blogs.

Civil Procedure Prof Blog - this blog is written by two professors at Baylor (neither of which I had in law school, especially since one was a third year when I started).  This blog is helpful because it gives updates on important cases in state and federal court, and I have already used one of the cases they review in my work.  Helpful for court updates and overall news in this part of the legal world.

Eastern District of Texas Federal Court Practice - this blog is updated by the author of the O'Connor's Federal Rules.  Most of my federal court practice is in the Eastern District of Texas, so it is nice to have someone updating about Eastern District cases and imporant cases that come from the Fifth Circuit affecting the Eastern District of Texas.  Sometimes the rulings are humorous, sometimes serious, but it is helpful to see what judges in our area are deciding.

That's What She Said - If you are a fan of The Office, you can probably guess that this blog has to do with The Office.  However, it also has to do with legal stuff.  A lawyer who specializes in employment law analyzes episodes of the office and gives her opinion of what each case would be worth should the incidents that happen on the show happen in real life.  It is quite informative on the area of employment law, but it also shows the nerdiness of those like me in our profession. 

There is a list of the legal blogs (that the ABA calls "blawgs", but I think that is a little too dorky) that I like to frequent.  There are others that are less helpful or entertaining, but these are the ones that I like the most and keep me the most updated.

No comments: