Monday, July 28, 2008

Leapholes

Leapholes Leapholes by James Grippando


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I received this book as part of the advertising bag at the recent Texas Bar Leaders Conference that I attended a week ago. This book is published by the American Bar Association and is for teenage readers. I guess that the story was engaging enough. It did take a while for the author to get into the story, which made the last half of the book seem a little rushed. Also, it purports to take you through great cases in history, but really gives only a paragraph on many of them. Still, it would be a decent read for someone who is wanting to become a lawyer. I do not think that it is a modern classic though.



* The edition I read had quite a few typos in it. I think that it is sad that so many publishing companies are rushing to print and not spending extra time making sure that what I read is virtually error free. I can handle one mistake, but this book had mistakes throughout such as missing quotation marks, use of "than" instead of "that", missing periods, etc. Those kinds of mistakes can be quite annoying, and make me leary of the publisher.


View all my reviews.

No comments: