Thursday, July 3, 2008

BK Mocha Joe

I am relatively new to the coffee drinking scene. I like my coffee bittersweet. I like to be able to taste the bitter of coffee and the sweet of the cream/milk/sugar. Cafe du Monde is partly to blame for that because I love their frozen cafe au laits and that is pretty much the first coffee I started drinking. That brings me to the next point which is that I tend to like my coffee better cold than hot. I know that is backwards, but that is the way I started drinking it.

Fast food coffee has never really been my thing. I have always been a Cafe du Monde or Starbucks only person, and have steered clear of anything else. Even when I make hot coffee myself, it has to be a special blend of some sort instead of your run-of-the-mill Folgers. I tried McDonald's iced coffee when it came out (mostly because I had a free coupon), and, although it wasn't bad, it wasn't worth the $3 that you would spend on it if it wasn't free.

Yesterday I knew that I was going to need to work through lunch because of a big hearing that my boss, who has been on vacation, was preparing for out of town (and he always waits until the last minute to call for an explanation, even when the hearing is scheduled in early afternoon), so I decided to eat a decent breakfast from Burger King. Burger King has some of the worst tea ever made by man (for the love of everything Southern, learn to make sweet tea instead of giving me unsweet and some sugar!!!), and I do not drink cokes anymore, so I was left with a dilemma about what to do for a caffeine fix. I noticed that BK now has iced coffee and I decided that it was worth it to try their version. Let me just say, BK knows how to make iced coffee!! Think the little bottles of Starbucks that you get at the grocery store (only better) poured over ice, and that is what my mouth experienced. Plus, the iced coffee is cold enough when they put it in the glass that the ice does not have time to melt before I have finished enjoying the drink (hint, hint McDonalds). The best part is that it is priced under $3 and only a slight detour from my normal route to work as opposed to the Starbucks being on the other side of town. There is enough of a coffee taste, but also enough of a mocha taste to make my mouth happy all day.

Although I doubt I will ever be the type of person that goes through drive through just to get coffee every day, I believe that BK can count on me to contribute at least a trip a week (maybe two) for as long as they carry the iced coffee on the menu. I do not need food, just the coffee!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree!

These BK Mochas are soooo good! I too have tried McDonald and even Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee and they don't taste good at all, probably b/c they aren't mocha. Mickey Dees iced coffees are disgusting- chalky is the best word I can describe them.

Anyway, both myself and my hubby are hooked on BK Mochas, they are perfect energy boosters and just scrumptious.