Friday, July 25, 2008

Blog of the Week - Anderson Cooper 360

I often go back and forth over whether I like the Anderson Cooper 360 blog. This week has been a treat on the blog for me because it has been running articles that go along with the CNN documentary Black in America. I have not been home to watch the documentary, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the articles that have run on the AC 360 blog. Today's article that I read first thing this morning is no exception and is probably my favorite of the week. I guess I enjoy it in part because I can see someone who is working to become part of the solution instead of just complaining about the problem, and I hope that there will be more black men like him that take an interest in young black teens and encourage them to become more than what society expects them to become. AC 360 is also a good blog to read when natural disasters happen because they often send in reporters to cover from a more personal perspective. The writers are often liberal, and obviously do not come from a Christian viewpoint, but I think it is still beneficial to read the stories and think on the subjects biblically.

No comments: