Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Amazing Thing About Babies ...


I am in New Orleans yet again. I keep saying that pretty soon I could drive here in my sleep, although I did take a different route this time just to mix things up a bit. Today I was able to spend some time holding a precious little baby boy. I have known his daddy for seven years, and I have some stories about him! It is amazing though to hold a newborn baby. This baby was born July 2, so he is just over a week old. It is so awesome to think about God forming this baby while his mother was carrying him. It is awesome to think about how just over a week ago, he was still inside his mommy, but now he is out in the world. The most amazing thing though is that God has a plan for this little baby's life! He has a plan for this child and did before this child was ever born! Welcome to the world, Thaddeus Gervais!
* If you have been reading my blog for a while, you may recognize the name Gervais. Lil Thaddeus carries the middle name of one of his daddy's best friends who was killed in January.

1 comment:

SimplyDenyse said...

he is adorable and I know that exact feeling that you are talking about, it amazes me.