Monday, November 5, 2007

One Night with the King

My most recent Netflix movie was One Night With the King.  It is the story of Esther and Xerxes.  The last time I tried to watch it was with a group of youth who were not interested in the movie whatsoever, and it was a disaster.  I finally had the opportunity to view it without interruption (except the occasional barking by my dog).  It was a pretty good movie.  The sets and costumes were incredible.  Some of the acting was a bit cheesy or unskilled or something (Xerxes had a really strange accent that annoyed me), but the movie was a good movie in spite of that.  It was just nice to watch a movie that had violence and a love story without blood and skin.  Definitely entertaining and something that won't make you blush when watching as a family.  I hope to add it to my expanding DVD collection at some point in the future (although I have to admit that I spend so much less on DVDs now that I have replaced TV with books for the most part).

No comments: