Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sweet Tea

Some of you who read this blog know that in June I gave up drinking Dr. Pepper.  I decided it was time to lay off the DP when I could not go past 10 a.m. without drinking one because I would have a headache.  The first few days were pretty bad (I don't know how many BC powders it took me to get through them), but pretty soon I had weaned myself off DP.  I think part of the reason I was successful is because I turned to sweet tea!

I love sweet tea!  I am talking about the stuff that is sweetened when warm and with real sugar, not fake stuff (for the most part). I have determined that I love to order sweet tea as my beverage of choice at most restaurants.  I guess that I still need a little bit of a caffeine boost from time to time (although I don't have to have sweet tea by 10 a.m. each day, thank goodness).  I even have moved my iced tea maker from my home to my office (I couldn't resist once we moved into the newly remodelled office with an ice machine!).  So I am going to list my favorite and not so favorite sweet teas:

Favorites
1.  I hate to admit it, but Gold Peak Sweet Tea (especially since it is sweetened with high fructose corn syrup instead of real sugar).  It just tastes better than the others I have tried.
2.  McAllister's
3.  My own
4.  Chicken Express (probably more because it is just a $1 with the tax)
5.  McDonald's (also because it is cheap)

Least Favorites
1.  All bottled sweet tea other than Gold Peak
2.  Sonic
3.  Baker Brothers
4.  On the Border
5.  Pretty much any other place like 3 and 4 that feel that they need to charge $2 for tea, but yet don't spend the time making it high quality tea.

No comments: