Thursday, August 23, 2007

30 Runs

I am not much of a big baseball fan (although I love going to the games -- there just seems to be something so right about sitting at a baseball game during the summer months), but I could not help but laugh when I saw this article today. It seems that the Texas Rangers, who I tend to cheer for if I watch baseball at all, managed to pull out 30 runs in a single game. Pretty impressive to beat a team 30-3. Then you look at the fact that the Rangers are the last place team. Hmmmm...seems that they may want to save some of those runs and spread them out over the course of a few games. Then I saw that it was the first game of the double header. I so wanted the Rangers to have lost the second game because that would add an additional level of irony, but they did manage to win that game too, but a score of 9-7. Anyway, I found it funny enough that the last place team beat someone by 27 points. I guess the entire Orioles pitching rotation had an off day. And, I have to admit, I would rather be the Rangers than the Orioles right now. How embarassing must it be to get beat by the last place team, much less by 27 points. However, the Rangers can only hope that the hitting streak will continue even if it is too late for this season.

No comments: