Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Lil T Update

It has been a while since I wrote an update on Lil T on the blog, so I thought it was about time. Lil T seems to be settling down a little bit FINALLY!!! I can actually have him on the couch with me, laying down, while I watch football on TV. He seems to be calmer when football is on. I don't understand that! Last night I bought him a stuffed duck that quacks. It looks like the toy is designed for bird dogs, but I thought it would be funny to watch him carry the duck by the neck or wing. He did not disappoint! At first, he was scared of it because it was something new in the living room. Then he started to warm up to it, so I made it quack. It feels like it has an actual duck caller in it, so that quack is a pretty good imitation for a squeaky toy. The quack scared him to death. He started whining and crying and scampering all over the place. It was hilarious. I finally convinced him to come back around it and start playing with it again. However, I could not resist and had to make it quack again. More whining and crying and running. I threw it in the floor and curiosity got the best of him. He just had to drag it around by its wing and bring it back to the couch. He became braver and braver and started shaking the duck like he does his other toys when his paw accidentally stepped on the quacker. He shot off that duck like someone had shot him. It was hilarious! I think it is going to take him a while to really warm up to the duck. I found out I could make him jealous too by putting the duck on my chest. He did not like it that the duck was getting more attention than he was. All in all the duck proved to be worth the purchase price and will probably provide many hours of entertainment for Lil T's mommy!

We had a thunderstorm last night, and Lil T does not like thunder. If it is just a small storm, he usually does not get too excited. However, last night lightning struck the water tower behind my house. When I say behind my house, I mean directly behind my house. Where my backyard ends, the water tower begins. The lightning was close – very close. So close that the sounds and the light were simultaneous and jolting. Not just a little flash either. Bright white light that is blinding and thunder that rips through you like you have been shocked with electricity. The noise sounded like every tree in my backyard had fallen to the ground and crackled like the trees were on fire. The lightning was so close that now my small TV has a funny purple line in the top third that makes people's faces on TV look green. The lightning was close! After looking outside to make sure all of my remaining trees were still standing and not on fire, I decided to check on Lil T because I did not hear any noise coming from the kitchen, and there was no way that he was asleep. When I walked into the kitchen, he was hunkered down in his playpen where he sleeps, shaking. Anyone that has seen my dog when you walk into the kitchen knows that he must have been scared out of his mind. Usually my dog starts jumping and turning circles anytime you walk into the kitchen no matter the time of night or day. Lil T was so scared that when he did finally jump out of the playpen after being petted for a while, still shaking, he crept around the kitchen with his tail between his legs. It was quite a sight to see. After some TLC from mommy and cuddle time, he was back to his typical turning circles self. Lil T is just a little scaredy cat!!

No comments: