Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Compassion Update

My Compassion International child in India left the program. I had chosen a 3 year old so that I could invest many years into the child. However, due to religious conflicts in the country, his family decided that he could no longer attend the Compassion program. Now I have a child from Ethiopia. This time I went with a 4 year old (since my India child turned 4 while I was sponsoring him) and I determined that I wanted to sponsor an African child. Little Anwar lives in Ethiopia and will be 5 in April. His birthday is within a few days of my India child's birthday. Hopefully I will be able to add a girl to my sponsorship soon as well. I highly recommend sponsoring children through Compassion International. I think that the sponsorship is $32 a month, and you can set the sponsorship up on a monthly automatic payment (part of the reason that I cannot remember the amount right now). I think it is also a good idea for a Sunday school class or Bible study group to sponsor a child. There are opportunities for short term, long term, and one time giving. Again, I highly recommend the program and think that it is a cause that should be considered since you are developing a relationship with an individual child.

1 comment:

SimplyDenyse said...

This is wonderful. Im going to have to look further into it.