Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Random Thought #7

I am a peppermint mocha frappachino addict … when holiday season comes, I spend way too much money at Starbucks. Recently when shopping for lemon extract, I found that peppermint and vanilla extracts now come in powder as well as liquid. I decided that the powder might be a good addition to coffee in order to attempt to make a peppermint mocha year round. Today I tried my first cup of peppermint mocha that I made into iced coffee (no blender at the office), and WOW!!! I used 1 extra-bold k-cup on large, 1 packet of hot chocolate, sugar, creamer, and a little dash of the peppermint extract (doesn't take much). So good, although it takes a bit of patience since you have to let the coffee cool for a while before putting it over ice. Now I can have peppermint mocha once a week year round, and save the money that I would be spending at Starbucks. Win, win!!

No comments: