Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Very Rare Political Sidenote

I imagine, due to recent actions or lack of action on the part of the President in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, that there was a conversation at the White House similar to the one below sometime soon after the inauguration:

President: Let's start fulfilling my campaign promises and bring the troops home.
Pentagon Official: Are you sure you want to do that Mr. President? Here are the things we could not tell you until you were Commander in Chief.
[Pentagon Official shares top-secret, extremely confidential, "if I tell you, I would have to kill you" information]
President: Oh. Hmmm. Now I am in a bad spot. I made all of those campaign promises and now I have to figure out how to keep them. What will I do?

Even if this is not what occurred, it is a logical explanation for the recent indications that the President may have to increase troop presence instead of decreasing it. Let's hope that the President will care more about our national security and the matters that we do not need to know, but need to trust the Commander in Chief to handle, than his inability to fulfill campaign promises (or his recent Nobel Peace Prize win).

No comments: