Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Project No More Pink, phase 1

The worst things about my house when I bought it were the Pepto Bismol pink bedroom and the Pepto Bismal pink bathtub in the bathroom that has a brick red/orange vinyl floor. What were the previous owners thinking?




Last night one of those things went. My house is continually a work in progress (what house isn't?), and I have been cleaning up and cleaning out, and the bathtub was causing me to shudder anytime I opened the door to the guest bathroom. I decided yesterday that it had to change. For less than $10, I purchased the materials I needed and went to work.



As you can see, I began with the pink flowers somehow adhered/painted to the pink tub. Whatever they were, they must have come in a package because the other tub in my house once displayed the same pink flowers. Since my house is not well-ventilated, I limited my spraying sessions to the length of a commercial break and wore a mask and goggles.



Like a good girl I primed before painting. I think I could have left it the color of the primer and called it a serious improvement. However, I wanted I a more complete look. The first coat:



The final product:



It is a little darker than I wanted (although some of the darkness is because of a lack of flash on the iPhone), but I spent less than $10, it took less than 2 hours, and at least it is not PINK!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it looks great and for less than $10 WOW!!