Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Home Improvements

I decided to use my Memorial Day time off from work to try to finish my bathroom remodeling project.  The painting is now done (except the baseboards) and everything else is finished except hanging the robe hook and hanging the cabinet (that I built myself, but cannot hang by myself).  The thing that made the biggest difference in my opinion is the bathtub.

My bathroom was a lovely, non-coordinated mess when I moved in.  I have a claw foot tub, which is awesome (complete with claws molded on the feet ... how cool is that!), but it was painted turquoise with pink flowers.  In a bathroom where the top half of the room (including the ceiling and crown molding) was army/olive green, and the bottom half of the wall was turquoise, dirty white, and silver.  The floor matched the top part of the wall.  I almost wish that I had taken pictures of it before I started painting, but I didn't.  I did take pictures of the tub though.  I was afraid no one would believe me when I tried to describe it.  Here are some before and after pictures of the tub.

Before, in all its turquoise and pink glory!


After, with its updated look.


The ceiling and trim are now white, the upper part of the walls are a sky blue, and everything else is silver, black, and white.  Unfortunately the lower part of the walls is still the old whatever it is, but at least it has splashes of silver in it.  Also, the floors are the same, but the bath rugs cover them enough for right now.  It does look like the sink cabinet is going to have to be repainted to match the bathroom, but I will save that for a future project!

1 comment:

SimplyDenyse said...

wow what a difference, it looks great. i love the old style modernized. wonderful job!