Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Flyboys

I watched Flyboyslast week. I didn't have time to check what was coming next on Netflix after returning the previous week's movies, so I was disappointed to see Flyboys when I opened the package. However, I ended up being pleasantly surprised once I watched the movie. I thought I was not in the mood for a war movie, and really thought I was going to hate the love story attached, but Flyboys actually got the balance between the two right. There wasn't too much story (including love story), and it really was about the war. Although I liked Pearl Harbor the second time I watched it, I hated it the first time because there was too much love story and not enough war in my opinion (I wanted to see a war movie). If you want to see a war movie, Flyboys is more war. It has some amazing shots of aerial battles that make up for any lack of story or character development in the film. There are some bloody/disturbing scenes in the movie, but that is part of what makes a war movie. It didn't leave me shell shocked like Black Hawk down or disappointed like Pearl Harbor. I think it was on my Netflix list because I like James Franco, and I was not disappointed. This was definitely an interesting movie, and I recommend it for anyone wanting a good war flick.

No comments: