Thursday, June 11, 2009

Technology for the Ages

Well, in the past 24 hours, my parents have starting texting and Bro. Martin, a former missionary at the Center, has started using instant messaging. My parents are over 50 and Bro. Martin is over 60 (may be over 70 now ... I lost count). Mom has kept me updated on news. Daddy has kept me updated on the weather (when a storm hits them, it hits me sometimes about 3 hours later). Bro. Martin has discussed how big Texas is. I have found out that my NO friends often think that because I am in Texas and they are in Texas, we are close. However, I am almost as close to NO as I am to Bro. Martin who now lives south of Houston. It is amazing how technology now allows people to keep in touch. What did we do before cell phones and computers?

No comments: