Thursday, March 27, 2008

Library Card

I feel like a kid or a mom because I am now a proud owner of a Texarkana Library card. I thought that this might help to lessen some of my purchases of books until I browsed the selection at our library and realized that I will still be continuing in my book addiction. I broke down to obtain a library card when I realized that a library in a neighboring city had a book that we need for a case at work. Since ILL is cheaper than purchasing the book brand new, I had to break down and obtain a library card. At least I was able to count the time obtaining the card towards billable hours (although I did take out the time I spent looking for Jane Austen books, of which our library only had two -- tells you a little about the selection). At least now I will be able to obtain some of my biography and fiction selections from the local library instead of buying them. Too bad that does not account for the majority of the money I spend on books!

No comments: