Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Bowl, Mardi Gras, and Gumbo

Since Mardi Gras fell a little too early this year, I barely had time to get over my Super Bowl excitement and wish that I was down in the Big Easy taking in some parades.

Well, I am pleased with the outcome of the Super Bowl.  That is my best Manning impression of trying to keep my happiness at a calm level.  I have to say that I was less excited about this Super Bowl than I think I was about the one a few years ago that Pittsburg won (and I REALLY did not care who won that one).  I ended up watching only the 4th quarter for the most part.  I did not care a thing about the commercials.  I talked and played with a kid more than I watched.  However, I was glued to the TV for the 4th quarter.  I was very excited to watch Eli lead the Giants in the 4th quarter, and just see the determination that he brought to the field and used to lead his team.  I was disappointed to see how poor a loser Bill Bellicheck (I don't care if I misspelled his name either) proved himself to be by not staying on the field until the end of the game and not congratulating the Giants in any of the post-game interviews that I saw.  I know that if I had to chose a quarterback to lead my team in the last two minutes of the 4th quarter in a game, I would want his last name to be Manning.  

My love of New Orleans has contributed to my love of the Mannings, and today is Mardi Gras.  I celebrated by eating Campbell's Chicken and Sausage Gumbo, which was a pretty good gumbo in my opinion.  It could have been a little spicier, but it still hit the spot.  Surprisingly the gumbo is part of the healthy request line, but it tasted almost like the real deal to me (granted the sausage was not the real deal, but it was still tasty).  Maybe tonight I will throw some beads at Lil T to celebrate.  He loves beads!

No comments: