Thursday, September 27, 2007

Blog of the Week - Desiring God

We will see how long this blog of the week thing continues to be once a week!  Here is my suggestion for this week:

I was going to post a different blog, but decided to do this one instead because of what was happening on it this week.  This week's blog is the Desiring God blog.  Desiring God is part of the ministry of John Piper.  This blog provides good book reviews, good discussion, and points out other blogs/articles that are helpful (as if I need to read anything else!).  The reason I am choosing it for this week is because of what John Piper has written this week about the stillborn birth and death of his granddaughter.  The theology of Piper at this time of family crisis and hardship is an encouragement to anyone who may be going through any type of trial.  Combine that with the Bible study I heard last night on James 1 reminding us that we are to consider it all joy, and I have been encouraged a lot this week.

No comments: