Friday, June 15, 2007

Army Man



I realized that I haven't blogged much this week, and that may be, in part, due to the fact that I have not had as much time to read as usual. Books set my mind off down paths of thinking in a way that TV does not. Of course what I watched this week is the NBA Finals (Go Spurs!). Now that is over, and I can't wait for football season to start up again.


I received a letter yesterday from Malcolm, who is a kid of mine from New Orleans (and yes, I still call him my kid even though he is now 19). He is off at basic training in South Carolina in preparation for becoming a full member of the Louisiana National Guard. Needless to say, I am very proud of him. When many of his peers are making decisions that are destructive, he has realized that he should do something constructive. This time of discipline will be a positive thing in his life given the background he has come from. I am excited for him! He graduates from basic on July 20. Please be in prayer for him until that time.

No comments: