Saturday, January 2, 2010

Football Pet Peeve

I have watched my fair share of football to start 2010, and all the football has led me to decide my biggest pet peeve in football - the tackle celebration. It seems that all defensive linemen and backs must celebrate after every single tackle. Too often there is a celebration after a fifty yard run cut short by a touchdown saving tackle by the back who got beat fifty yards back. If you get beat, you cannot celebrate a tackle fifty yards down the field. The same is true if it was your teammate that got beat. Here are my rules for defensive celebrations:

1. Players are allowed to celebrate tackles that result in negative yardage.

2. Players are allowed to celebrate tackles when the other team went for it on fourth down and did not make it.

3. Tackles inside the five yard line on third and fourth down can be celebrated if there is no penalty and no score.

4. No offensive tackles can be celebrated because they come after turnovers unless your tackle results in the other team fumbling the ball and you getting it back.

5. The only special team tackles to be celebrated are the hard hitting tackles that result in the stands erupting into an immediate oooh.

Football players that follow these rules will earn my respect. Otherwise, I will continue to be unimpressed by most defensive players.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: