Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Irony?

Here is one of the headlines on the New Orleans Times Picayune blog today:

"C-Murder joins with ministers to announce anti-violence initiatives"

There is a whole lot more to the story (including C-Murder's own pending trial for ... wait for it ... murder), but wouldn't you think that you would start with something like changing your name? I mean who is really going to take someone who is currently under house arrest pending trial on murder charges and goes by the nickname C-Murder seriously on anti-crime initiatives? I am sure it was a little "do as I say, not as I do" or just an attempt to show the potential jurors that he really is against crime instead of engaged in it. He sure did clean up for the part looking a little Malcolm X-esk in the picture (although I am not sure I would want to portray someone who supported a violent approach instead of peaceful approach, but that is just me) instead of his typical rapper appearance. I, for one, do not buy the act.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny.. yes he should at leat change the name.