Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I think I found ...


... the perfect pair of SHOES! To those of you who know me, you know that I have issues with shoes. I have flat feet so too many tennis shoes hurt my feet bad ... really bad. Even the ones that are supposed to be for people with flat feet. Last year, I found that flat shoes seem to feel better on my feet, but they were harder on my knees. I could walk around all day without my feet hurting (HUGE for my flat feet), but my right knee would swell up at night following the walking around. I purchased a pair of athletic sandals two years ago, but really did not start wearing them until last fall. They seemed to be more of a step in the right direction, but they did not have the proper sole. I have been researching shoes the last few months to see what would be best, but I had pretty much given up.

Last week while at Gander Mountain, I decided to look at the hiking/athletic sandals. They have quite a few good brands, but then I came to a brand that I have never heard of. I looked at the price tag and thought that it was expensive enough to be good. I looked at the sole of the shoe and decided that it was the type of sole that I needed. I bought them. Without even trying them on. I got lucky!

After wearing the sandals for the past week and walking around quite a bit in them, I think I have found the perfect shoe. It is like walking around barefoot but with absolutely no pain in my feet even when I am on my feet for an hour or two at a time. The true test will come at some point in the future when I take a hike somewhere, but right now, these are the best shoes that I have ever worn. The tag says something about the shoes being made for support for women because we do something funny with our feet when we walk, but I thought that was all pumping up of the product when I read it after buying the shoes. Anyway, I highly recommend the Merrell Siren Strap Sport sandal, especially if you have flat feet. The only thing I wish is that Gander Mountain had it in the blue instead of the brown and pink!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

these are cute!! and how brave of to buy them without trying them on. Glad you found a good pair.