Monday, March 2, 2009

Bad Habit

I have a really bad habit of starting books, but starting another book before finishing books I have already started. This became abundantly clear two weeks ago when I saw bookmarks in over ten books that I have started but not finished. Since that time, I have finished three books previously started, and am now on to the fourth and fifth (because, as I have confessed before, I need multiple books going at a time to keep from getting bored). Fortunately my reading memory allows me to pick up the books after several weeks (and in the case of some books, months) of not reading and still remember where I am at in the story or structure of the book. Maybe I can clean up the stack of books by my bed in the coming weeks ... or at least add the new books (and books bought in the past but never read because I forgot about them) to my stack and shuffle things around a bit!

No comments: