Friday, June 27, 2008

Update on Darryl

On Wednesday, Darryl was doing great. He had surgery on Tuesday to remove the floating bullet, and that was successful. He was still in one of the more critical care units (maybe ICU?) on Wednesday, but only because there was not a room open to transfer him to. He was awake, eating Rally's (I believe it was supposed to be his mom's lunch, but I am sure she didn't mind), and pretty calm. On Monday and into Tuesday morning, he was pretty agitated so they were glad to see him calmer. He had surgery yesterday morning to work on his arm with the hopes that it will be fully functional. I have not heard how that surgery went. He was to be transferred to a room following the surgery. I still cannot imagine being shot that many times (I think that once is one too many for me) and surviving. God was clearly at work that day and has continued to be at work through the wisdom and steady hands of the doctors.

No comments: