Friday, June 27, 2008

Crazy Love

Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan

My review

rating: 3 of 5 stars
Maybe the book was too hyped up that I was left almost disappointed when reading it. I would recommend the book. It is a theology book that is not academic and that is helpful to many readers and made the book very easy to read (it is a very quick read too). I did love the fact that it was saturated with Scripture. It is a convicting book. He hyped up the videos in the book so much that when I went and looked at them online, I was disappointed to an extent. Of course, I had just looked at some sonogram pictures of a friend that is having a baby, and I was overwhelmed more by God's creation in the womb than in the universe at that point. I do think that Christians in the church should read this book. I think that many will have their eyes open to the condition of the church by reading the book. I am more of a realist or pessimist, so I already knew some of that about the church. I also tend to have more introspection than most, so I already knew a lot of what he pointed out about my life. The book seemed to trivialize God at times or at least lacked in reverence where there was a sense of awe. The author's passion is overwhelming, and that is one of the attributes that I think makes this book a "should read" for Christians. I think I am just at a point right now where I want to dwell in the Psalms instead of reading man's words.

View all my reviews.

No comments: