Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Finding Neverland

I recently watched Finding Neverlandagain.  I think this is the first time that I was able to watch it all the way through from start to finish.  It is an interesting story of how the famous Peter Pan came to be.  As a fan of Hookand Peter Pan, as well as Johnny Depp as an actor, I was not disappointed in the movie.

It is interesting to watch Barrie befriend the sons of a widow. The movie does a wonderful job of depicting the fine line between reality and make believe by switching back and forth between the two. I found it interesting that this man who was so great with children apparently had no desire to fulfill his duties as husband to his own wife. I was pleased with how clean the movie was, which is rare today, especially since it was actually nominated for Oscars. It is an unusual love story about a man who likes to pretend that someone else is his family, and in the process creates a masterpiece. I thought it was a good movie, and definitely would not mind having it in my collection.

No comments: