Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cool Hand Luke

I watched Cool Hand Lukefor the first time last week. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't what I watched. It has taken me a while to process this movie and decide what I think about it. First, it definitely moves slow at times, and it made it hard for me to concentrate on what was going on. Second, it ended up being pretty predictable, with foreshadowing in the first half that just made me ready for it to get to the end (I think there was probably one escape scene too many). Third, the movie was a bit frustrating to me. I have come to the conclusion that movies of this style are harder for me to watch than any other type of movie.

I thought Paul Newman's acting was outstanding. He did a great job of capturing the character in my opinion. I was annoyed by the rest of the acting for the most part. I think it is worth seeing the movie because of its reputation as one of the classic movies of all time. Maybe I should have watched it on a Saturday instead of after a stressful day at work!

No comments: