Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Writer's Itch

I want to write. I have had a desire to write for the past few days. The problem is that I don't know what I want to write on. Basically, that means that I am now writing about wanting to write, which is writing about nothing at all. Writing for the sake of writing. I know this doesn't make sense, but I have titled my blog as Random Ramblings of Dia. This really lives up to the title.

Of course this also brings up the question of why write anyway? I mean, there is no new thought under the sun. Everything that can be said has already been said, and it is just regurgitated in another writer's style with another writer's words. What is the point? Yet, writing is one of the many ways that we can communicate our values, our morals, our theology, our doctrine to those around us. For me, writing can become a means of venting about things. Writing also gives me the opportunity to sort through what I believe. Sometimes what comes out on paper in my own words shows me areas that I need to refine or reevaluate in light of Scripture. Enough rambling for today!

No comments: