Thursday, May 17, 2007

Life

I have been really busy the past few weeks. Snowed under at work, busy building relationships with the youth and college students at church. I am tired! But it is a good tired. Although it seems difficult to really build relationships, and takes time and investment, the relationships that have been built are such a blessing to me! How awesome is it that we can lean on each other and depend on each other during times of trial! I think that many of the people I come in contact with do not even realize that they are encouraging me or that the words they are sharing are encouragement. Many outsiders listening in probably do not hear the encouragement that I hear. I can see how small investments of time can reap many rewards in deepening relationships.

Just as our relationships with each other take time, our relationship with God takes an investment of time. It requires the sacrifice of minutes and hours. It takes being proactive and intentional in the relationship. It takes perseverance. However, the rewards far outweigh the sacrifices. What seems like a sacrifice becomes a blessing! What seems painful at the time ends up strengthening our relationship with God! I just want to encourage all of you to take some time with God. Sacrifice a few hours of TV or Internet to really focus on who He is and what He is doing in your life. Blessings will result!

No comments: