Sunday, November 8, 2009

Countdown to 30: Day 6

My milestone for today is a rite of passage for lawyers - the first jury trial! It is another topic that I have covered as extensively as I should, so it is another link day. Looking back on the first jury trial now, I still cannot believe that I have conducted a trial from start to finish. I pretty much ran the entire case from start to finish, so even on short notice, I could do the trial by myself. I think that it was a good thing that I did not have much time to get worked up over it, and it is a pretty good feeling to wake up the next morning and realize it is over. That night I think I was still in a little bit of shell shock. It is also comforting to know that my Baylor education did not go to waste and I was able to prepare for trial on short notice.

No comments: