Friday, July 10, 2009

Calvin 500

Today is a big day in reformed circles because John Calvin was born 500 years ago today. I will leave all of the deep conversation about how big a deal Calvin was to theology to all the other blogs out there are writing on the same subject today. I think one of his most important contributions is writing a systematic theology. The question that I want to raise is whether we properly call this Calvin's 500th birthday or the 500th anniversary of Calvin's birth. Maybe both are proper. I think I prefer using the 500th anniversary of Calvin's birth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the anniversary issue. However. Adelade and Andrew and me sang "Happy Birthday" to John Calvin at KFC while he had some lip smackin' chicken. The other people in the joint looked at us like we were crazy. So did Jay, Christi, and Melissa. I thought it was funny, but it was my small tribute to the man.

Chad Edgington