Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Appellate Argument

I found out today that I have my first appellate oral argument scheduled for August. This is a big deal! The appellate court rarely grants a request for oral argument, and when they do, it is because they expect the case to be one that is worthy of being published once the decision is made. Oral arguments before the appellate court help one establish themselves as an appellate attorney, something I would not mind because I like writing the briefs. I forsee some nerve issues in my future as I prepare for the arguments though! August will be fun.

1 comment:

cedgington said...

I argued in front of the 11th Court of Appeals a few times and it was always tremendous fun for me. I knew the Judges and they were kind to me every time I stepped to the podium.
I'm sure you will do a great job. You always know your stuff!