Saturday, July 7, 2007

Busy Week ... and Haggai!

Wow, what a busy week this has been!! Although it was nice to take some time off during the week to spend with family, it made the work week crazy!! Overall, good family time, good 4th, good week at work. All of that equaled less time to blog than usual.

This week I have been studying Haggai in preparation for teaching the Sunday School lesson tomorrow. Wow! The study of the minor prophets has been so encouraging to me in this time of my life. As James Montgomery Boice says, the remnant that returned to Jerusalem at the end of the exile period was the right people, at the right place, at the right time, with the right motives, but there was still a problem with their priorities. That is what is wrong in my own life so many times. I know that I am in the right place at the right time with the right motives, but my failure to really put God first instead of saying that I do results in a failure to the right things. I can't become discouraged (though I often do) because the current situation is not better than what it has been in the past. I must remember to be strong and courageous, which is going to result in a boldness that is going to come from God. Right before God encouraged great leaders and the nation of Israel to take big steps to advance His glory, He told them to be strong and courageous because He is with them. We need to remember that today, especially in times of discouragement. In my obedience to God, I need to be strong and courageous knowing that He is with me. It is time I started acting out what I know!

No comments: