Friday, June 11, 2010

Learning Early




I am so excited that my lil guy loves books! I have brought at least one book for him with me each time I have visited since July of last year, and this past weekend, the first thing he asked for was a book. Nevermind that the Mr. Potato Head was right there. He wanted a book. Fortunately I brought him two this trip. I am very excited that he likes to read. It will also make it easy for me to know what to bring him each time I come in - a book of his own. I recently read an article that said that the number of books a child has in the home is a better indicator of educational success than socio-economic level. Books (which usually result in the love of reading) are important. I have a feeling that I will do my part to stock lil guy's own personal library!

No comments: