Monday, May 11, 2009

It’s Raining, It’s Pouring

I thought I would combine random thoughts today as I try to start working on an appellate brief in a case that is due just a few days after I get back from vacation. I go into a weird brief writing mode where I do not like to be bothered. I also have to keep a piece of paper and pen around for those random thoughts that distract me while trying to write a brief. That is the reason I am doing a list of random things.

First, it has been raining and raining and raining and raining. We have had tons of thunderstorms, several tornado warnings, and many inches of rain. I am glad that my house is pier and beam because then it does not flood. My yard does look like a swamp or marsh land though, so it would be nice for it to dry out sometime soon. However, the forecast for this week shows only one day without rain. Maybe Wednesday will be sunny instead of cloudy too.

Since there has been so much rain, there are much cooler temperatures than what we normally have this time of year. As a result, my air conditioner has run only one day so far. Just one. I anticipate another, unexpected month of low electric bills since we are already in May. Maybe I should not complain about the amount of rain!

The Miss California thing is getting old in the news, but I am glad that those who support gay marriage are so intolerant of Miss California's views because it shows that those who have been trumpeting tolerance are intolerant themselves. The funniest thing about the whole scandal though is that Miss California represents the views of over half her state since California recently voted on the issue. I wonder why no one is pointing that fact out.

I feel like a true Southern lawyer today. I recently purchased a seersucker suit, and I am wearing it proudly today. The only thing that makes it not quite perfect is the bow on the suit is blue instead of red. One of my bosses used to wear a seersucker suit with a red bowtie. Now that was perfect!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I have to agree with you about the whole miss california thing. She's entitled to her opinion. Was she supposed to lie and say what was going to make P Hilton happy? Seriously I don't think it was a fair question to ask since she would have lost either way with her answer. But also why was P hilton even a judge? Have you even read his blog? The guy is an idiot that loves to cause drama. i can't believe they actually had him as a judge. but lastly this was for a miss america contest right? not for president. I just can't believe what a big thing this has become being on headline news and all.